Momentous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book Thread

+3
Weich
ellenmelon
MistressWolf
7 posters

Go down

Book Thread Empty Book Thread

Post  MistressWolf Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:31 pm

Post your favorite books here :3

I like Anne Rice, especially the Vampire Chronicles. At least she knows real vampires don't sparkle xD

The Watchmen is good, and I like the ending in the graphic novel better thann the one in the movie.

<3 Stephen King

<3 Christopher Pike

Can't think of anything else at the moment :p
MistressWolf
MistressWolf

Back to top Go down

Book Thread Empty Re: Book Thread

Post  ellenmelon Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:31 pm

Yay I love books! <3

Haven't read any in a reallllly long time so can't think of any atm. Dx (does manga count? har har)

Any suggestions? If someone says Twilight then...-facestab-(... x10000)

And Christopher Pike...I think I read one of his series when I was younger. (like 10 or 11) Spooksville! xD
ellenmelon
ellenmelon

http://onestory.uuuq.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  MistressWolf Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:38 pm

My favorite Christopher Pike books are The Twilight Crystal, See You Later, and The Last Vampire series. Yeah, I have a thing for vampires xD

I really recommend the Anne Rice Vampire Chronicles. It is just a good series. It starts with Interview With that Vampire. And the vampires don't sparkle xD

Oh, and I almost forgot, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is awesome :3 I tried reading it when I was staying at a friend's house and she had already fallen asleep, but I had to stop because I kept waking her up with my laughing xD
MistressWolf
MistressWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Weich Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:56 pm

So HARD to list my favorite books xD that's why I was too lazy to start the thread /love

and rofl @ vampires sparkling. I do admit that I like the Twilight series but not the fact about vampires sparkling. Anne Rice ftw. <3 I read interview with the vampire, and the vampire lestat so far. XD

Also read the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy ;3 epic book.

um.

I'll try my top fave list.

1. Harry Potter. <_< I re-read it obsessively and never get bored of it
2. Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare
3. ANY BOOKS by Stephen King
4. House of Night series by P.C. and Kristin Cast
5. The Lost Years of Merlin series by T.A. Barron

I have more ; ___; but those are just basically OMG LOVE and capable of re-reading many times.

oh.

zombie survival guide + world war z by max brooks = epic awesomeness.

for those who like zombies. <_<;;
Weich
Weich

Back to top Go down

Post  ellenmelon Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:06 pm

Oh yeahhh.

I love The Tell Tale Heart...it's a short story though.

http://www.literature.org/authors/poe-edgar-allan/tell-tale-heart.html

Mwahahahah.

I'll check out those books soon. 8D
ellenmelon
ellenmelon

Back to top Go down

Post  MistressWolf Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:28 pm

OMG that short story gave me nightmares after I read it for the first time! That's how you know a story is really good Very Happy Poe ftw

Memnoch the Devil and Vampire Armand are my favorites from the Vempire Chronicles. OOH, and Tale of the Body Theif. The witch series she has is good, if you can make it through the first book. The first one, Witching Hour, is really long and is mainly about the history of this one witch family and can get a bit dry adn boring, but the other two (Lasher and Taltos) are epicly awesome. The thing is, they don't make a lot of sense unless you read Witching Hour first. Trust me, Taltos was the first one I read in the series and its the last book xD It was good, I was just a bit confused, and then I read Witching Hour and was like "OH, NOW I GET IT!!" I am reading The Mummy right now, and its good but I stopped reading it when I got back from Vegas cuz I was so busy and then I just couldn't get back into it :/

I got a book to read for Halloween, its called Breathers, A Zombie's Lament by S. G. Brown and its about a guy who dies and becomes a zombie and he falls in love and starts petitioning for zombie rights, it looks really funny :3
MistressWolf
MistressWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Clipse Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:43 pm

A to Z mysteries xD yea there little kiddy but i love mysteries :3 been reading them since 4th grade :> and i also like Among The Hidden the whole series is pretty good
Among the Hidden

umm i think there called the 3rd children series dunno u guys should read them :> i dont read much xD
Clipse
Clipse

Back to top Go down

Post  xH2O Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:40 pm

I have all of Poe's Collection. Haha, I probably read all his works about 15 times.

As for me,
I like Thomas Hardy's books. I think he's the best classical writer.
Dr. Seuss is my hero.
Kurt Vonnegut is my all time favorite author. His books are amazing. I recommend reading his works.
Dan Brown is <33 (Especially Angels and Demons)

I liked the first book for Twilight, but they gradually got worse and worse. I couldn't even finish the last book because it was so bad.. >__>
xH2O
xH2O

Back to top Go down

Post  ellenmelon Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:51 pm

I wanted to burn the last book. @__@ MY GOD, WORDS CANNOT STRESS HOW HORRIBLE IT WAS. ashdajsdh burrrrrrn it!!!
ellenmelon
ellenmelon

Back to top Go down

Post  xH2O Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:31 pm

ellenmelon wrote:I wanted to burn the last book. @__@ MY GOD, WORDS CANNOT STRESS HOW HORRIBLE IT WAS. ashdajsdh burrrrrrn it!!!

Amen.
xH2O
xH2O

Back to top Go down

Post  Amber Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:58 pm

heh I liked Twilight till the movies Blush or maybe I think that right now because I'm having the worst day of my life .-.
Amber
Amber
Admin

http://momentous.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Weich Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:04 am

The books were good. The movie was a wreck D: I'm hoping that New Moon would be slightly better since it's a new director. My sister is dragging me to see it in theaters with her anyway.
Weich
Weich

Back to top Go down

Post  MistressWolf Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:04 pm

I attempted to watch the movie at home about a month after it came out on DVD. After about 10 minutes, I was so frustrated with Kristen Stewart's monotonous narration and stuttering dialogue that I turned on the computer to try to ignore it while my roommate continued to watch it (it was such a guy thing for him, he said if his friend could make it through the whole movie, then he could, too). About halfway through the movie, my roommate asked a question about one of the actors, so I went on to imdb to check and when I saw that we were only halfway through I told him I couldn't take any more and we took the movie back.

I kind of liked the books. I really liked book 2, except for the parts where Bella was obsessing over Edward. I also liked the part of the last book that was from Jacob's perspective. Yes, I like Jacob better than Edward. Mainly because I never saw anything in the books that would lead me to beleive that Bella actually loved Edward. Whenever she talked about how much she loved him, everything she said either sounded more like lust or it was something that could be attributed to his vampiric abilities. What she had with Jacob seemed more like actual love to me.

My main problem with the books was how every conflict was resolved so neatly by the end of the last book. Jacob is still madly in love with Bella and Bella hates seeing him hurt? No problem, he imprints on her daughter and they can live happily and immortally ever after! Evil ultra-powerful vampire family come to destroy them? Psh, thet're just a bunch of bullies who get scared away when they see they might be forced to fight fairly! Bella doesn't want to cut her dad out of her life, yet he would be endangered if he knew her secret? Well, he's perfectly content to know only half-truths and will never ask for more information than they are willing to give him! LAME. I grew out of "and they all lived happily ever after" when I was 6.

Another thing that bothers me. Why was Bella hearing Edward's voice in her head all through book 2, even when she felt she was in no danger? It makes no sense and it was never explained, even though Edward seemed curious and concerned about it when she told him about it. Did Stephanie Meyer just forget to tie up that little loose end? Or was she thinking of going in a different direction with Bella's powers originally, and never fixed that part after changing it?

And now for my last problem with the books (or at least the last one I'm going to talk about right now). Why is it that neither Edward or Bella can remember what they did when they had sex when she was human? I guess I can understand that Edward was consumed by his more animalistic side and blah blah blah vampire instincts blah blah. But if the sex was really that good, why does Bella seem to not remember it? If that's what Stephanie Meyer thinks sex is like, then I think her husband must be drugging her pre-sex.

Ok, sorry about the Twilight rant, but... actually I'm not all that sorry. I enjoyed ranting Very Happy
MistressWolf
MistressWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  xH2O Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:14 pm

My friend is dragging me to the New Moon movie too. x.x I told her if it's just as bad as the first one she pays for my ticket and gas money. xD
xH2O
xH2O

Back to top Go down

Post  ellenmelon Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:28 pm

Edward and Bella just stare at each other for the entire movie anyway. The most memorable scene I can remember is them climbing trees. @__@
MistressWolf wrote:
And now for my last problem with the books (or at least the last one I'm going to talk about right now). Why is it that neither Edward or Bella can remember what they did when they had sex when she was human? I guess I can understand that Edward was consumed by his more animalistic side and blah blah blah vampire instincts blah blah. But if the sex was really that good, why does Bella seem to not remember it? If that's what Stephanie Meyer thinks sex is like, then I think her husband must be drugging her pre-sex.
Sweat lol! Twilight promotes necrophilia!

xH2O wrote:My friend is dragging me to the New Moon movie too. x.x I told her if it's just as bad as the first one she pays for my ticket and gas money. xD

Yay free gas! xD

This thread is slowly turning into our hate for Twilight...
Not that I mind...>D
ellenmelon
ellenmelon

Back to top Go down

Post  MistressWolf Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:25 am

ellenmelon wrote:Sweat lol! Twilight promotes necrophilia!
LOL IT DOES!!!!

Well, I started reading that zombie book, Breathers, and it is pretty funny. Gotta love a book where someone asks the main character "Do you want to touch my brain?"

I just saw the movie Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant and I really liked it and was thinking about reading the series that the movie is based off of. Has anyone read any of these?

To end this on a weird note, I don't know if the director is the awesomest director ever or if I really am just that obsessed with vampires, but I actually found John C. Reilly somewhat attractive in the movie o.o;
Wow, I must be really tired if I actually admitted that xD I'll probably come to my senses in the morning and edit this post so it doesn't say that anymore :p
MistressWolf
MistressWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  xH2O Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:16 am

Heyy!~ Cirque du Freak. Oh man, it's been a long time since I read that series. My friend was really into it and made me read it too. I actually enjoyed the series.

And @ ellemelon
It's not really free gas for me.. I'm their personal driver, so I have to spend money transporting them places. xD
xH2O
xH2O

Back to top Go down

Post  Weich Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:18 am

I love Cirque Du Freak xD I want to own the whole series myself but that would be pricey~ my friend has it so I should borrow it from him one more time. D:

I heard the movie was great, and it only summed up the first three books of the series (12 total) so far, but changed things around. I originally hated the fact that John C. Reilly was Mr. Crepsley then my friend, who saw it, was all OMG HE WAS FANTASTIC @_____@ so perhaps he was actually different in that movie.
Weich
Weich

Back to top Go down

Post  MistressWolf Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:11 am

Since you guys all like it, I am going to start reading it Very Happy

Normally, I can't stand John C. Reilly, but he was really really good in that movie o.o

I thought I had more to say, but I don't xD
MistressWolf
MistressWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Weich Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:12 pm

MistressWolf wrote:Since you guys all like it, I am going to start reading it Very Happy

Normally, I can't stand John C. Reilly, but he was really really good in that movie o.o

I thought I had more to say, but I don't xD
That's exactly what I said to my friend who saw it. xD then they were all BUT OH, HE WAS REALLY GOOD. @_____@

I can't wait to watch the movie.... hope it is Open Captioned soon in theaters, rofl. Then I'm also waiting for Saw 6.... but that's another topic. c:
Weich
Weich

Back to top Go down

Post  MistressWolf Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:31 pm

I finihsed reading Breathers (a while ago, but kept forgetting to say anything lol) and it was pretty good. I would definatly reccomend it, it's very funny. Sad at times, too, but really good overall :3

I picked up a copy of Cirque du Freak that has the first three books in it. I read the first chapter, and then got busy and stopped, but I plan on picking it up again soon :3
MistressWolf
MistressWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Xooligan Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:57 am

YES. ZOMGILOVEANNERICE.

I just finished the Vampire Lestat and so far, Queen of the Damned has been really good as well.

My mother had oodles of hr books and they only caught my fancy just recently.

And too true, vampire's should explode in sunlight.
Xooligan
Xooligan

Back to top Go down

Post  MistressWolf Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:22 pm

Queen of the Damned is very good, but I loved Armand and Tale of the Body Theif the most <3 You should also read Vittorio, its not techinacally one of the series, since it has nothing to do with Lestat or any of the other main vampires, but it is about a vampire and it is really good. I need tog et a new copy of Interview so I can read the series over (mine spent the night in the leaky trunk of my car when it rained one night :<). Ooh, Cry to Heaven is really good, too. It's about a guy who becomes a castrato opera singer against his will.

... yeah, I <3 Anne Rice :3
MistressWolf
MistressWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down