Momentous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movie Talk

4 posters

Go down

Movie Talk Empty Movie Talk

Post  MistressWolf Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:52 pm

Since it seems this is the direction that our series of threads is taking, here it is :3
Discuss movies here.

Continuing the Cirque du Freak discussion from the book thread, it was really strange to see Salma Hayek with a beard... but somehow, she pulled it off quite well. Yes, I think she is sexy enough that she would make a hot bearded lady irl.
MistressWolf
MistressWolf

Back to top Go down

Movie Talk Empty Re: Movie Talk

Post  Weich Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:38 pm

I need to see that movie ; ___; either I wait until the theater near me makes it Open Captioned (takes about two weeks or so after initial release) or wait til the DVD.

Was the movie good enough to continue through the sequels with the rest of the books?

Because with Eragon, the movie bombed. D: I loved the books so I was very disappointed and there's no way to expect the next movie. They'd have to re-make the movie completely.... (but at least keep Rachel Weisz as the voice of Saphira~)
Weich
Weich

Back to top Go down

Post  MistressWolf Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:45 pm

Well, I haven't read the books so I can't form a real opinion on it. From what I've seen, though, I think its good enough to follow through with the rest of the series.

Ugh, speaking of movies based off books that sucked, Queen of the Damned makes me sad. They ruined it.
MistressWolf
MistressWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Weich Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:49 pm

I'll just have to see it for myself xD My friend told me they added enough plots to continue onwards, so let's hope it all works out.

and aw D: yeah @ queen of the damned. I saw the movie before reading the book then when I finally read it, I was all "oh wait wtf." and liked the book better. :<

aaaaaaand harry potter. of course. as an obsessive-read-too-many-times-reader of the series I keep going all asdsdgsdfds at how much the director ruined the movies. D: the 6th was an improvement though.... different, but good.

they. better. not. destroy. the. last. movie.

excuse my brief rants. <____< I reallyreallylove reading books and go in fits of rage when a movie version is butchered.
Weich
Weich

Back to top Go down

Post  MistressWolf Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:06 pm

Weich wrote:and aw D: yeah @ queen of the damned. I saw the movie before reading the book then when I finally read it, I was all "oh wait wtf." and liked the book better. :<
xD I did the same thing. When I saw the movie, I thought it was cool. Then I read the books and i was like, wait... they combined Queen of the Damned and The Vampire Lestat into that movie? And they cast some guy with dark hair and major leg fur to play Lestat? And they say Marius made Lestat? LAME.
MistressWolf
MistressWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Weich Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:11 pm

Yeah, I read the Vampire Lestat too xD

though, one thing... Marius was hot :< only props I'd give, lol~
Weich
Weich

Back to top Go down

Post  MistressWolf Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:43 pm

Was thinking of going to the New Moon premier wearing a "Team Lestat" t-shirt or my Interview With The Vampire movie t-shirt (which I kind of stole from someone... but Tom Cruise looks soooooo hot on it :3) and staging some sort of protest against sparkly vampires, but then I realized that would mean I would actually have to sit through the WHOLE movie in ONE sitting. *shudders*

ANYWAY, I caught Lilo and Stitch on TV last night and it made me miss traditionally animated movies. CG just doesn't seem to have the same heart that traditional animation does. Don't get me wrong, I love WALL-E and UP and a lot of other Pixar movies, but its just not the same. Its not like The Lion King and Alladin, it doesn't seem to have the same magic. That is why I am very excited about The Princess and the Frog, and I plan on going opening weekend. I hope this means Disney is going to do more traditional animation again Very Happy

One last thing. Johnny Depp was voted People magazine's sexiest man alive. What do you lovely peoples think of this? (actors are movie-related, so this is not off-topic :3)
MistressWolf
MistressWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Weich Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:15 pm

New Moon was actually pretty good, rofl :'D but that's just me liking the books, and liking the director/screen-writers for doing a great job.

Depp? Sexiest man alive?

ohyesplz.
Weich
Weich

Back to top Go down

Post  MistressWolf Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:44 pm

I was mad, I read a review on New Moon in the paper this morning and it pretty much said that since New Moon was the "weakest" of the books that the movie would obviously suck. It said nothing really happens and it sucks just because Edward wasn't there. Now, I don't really like the Twilight series that much, but New Moon was the book I enjoyed the most so this reveiw seriously pissed me off. Also, Jacob > Edward.

This is the second time Johnny Depp has won sexiest man alive. Brad Pitt also won twice. Hugh Jackman was sexiest man alive last year. There really is no point to this part of my post, I guess I'm just starting my Christmas wish list :3
MistressWolf
MistressWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Weich Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:49 pm

New Moon movie was actually a hundred thousand times better than Twilight movie. But wth with the review? Edward is not the main focus of the books~ Bella is~ in order to develop character, shit has to happen and he has to disappear for a bit. I love Jacob, too, but I'm Team No One. xD Jacob, however, was very sexy when he got his haircut. And Taylor can act, day-heeem.

New Moon, unlike Twilight, actually stuck to all the plot points in the book and did it right. Screw the reviews. ;] There was a lot of witty jokes that made the whole audience laugh.

Also, Depp, Pitt and Jackman are my top sexy faves as well. They should have an orgyyyy~
Weich
Weich

Back to top Go down

Post  MistressWolf Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:04 pm

I'll probably see New Moon when it comes out on DVD, so I can turn it off if it turns out I don't like it. I only made it about halfway through Twilight before I turned it off and sent it back to the rental place.

I just felt that what Jacob and Bella had was more real than what Edward and Bella had. It always seemed to me that Bella wasn't really in love with Edward, especially since every reason she gave for loving him could be explained by his vampiric abilities. She loved his appearance, smell, and voice, all of which were altered by him being a vampire. Except for being generous, she doesn't mention anything about his personality when she explains why she loves him. But she seems to truely love Jacob for Jacob. Also, Edward is way too old for Bella xD

I 10000000000% agree with Depp, Pitt, and Jackman having an orgy, that would be so hot. I'll bring my camera Very Happy
MistressWolf
MistressWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Weich Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:23 pm

Relationship-wise, Bella was better off with Jacob but in the 4th, it all worked out with everyone. (I think she did the "imprint" thing on purpose to get his mind off Bella and make everything OK U: ...) I wonder what things would've been if it was done differently... I think the author even mentioned it in a Q&A session about New Moon. XD

and lul, Edward is like, 91 years older. ;D (bella being 18 in New Moon)

They pulled it off well between Bella and Jacob in the movie, and made their relationship seem so REAL that if non-readers watched it, they would be all "OH STAY WITH HIM" and if she never jumped off the cliff, she might've stayed with Jacob.

and orgy-pics plz /drool
Weich
Weich

Back to top Go down

Post  MistressWolf Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:12 pm

I want to go see a movie this weekend, but I don't know what to see D:
I don't want to go to New Moon because... well, I'm just stubborn that way.
Grr.

Although I am glad that Jacob gets to be happy in the end, it always kind of bothered me that everything gets all wrapped up in a neat little package and everyone lives happily ever after. Also, for a little while I was kind of hoping Jacob would hook up with Leah. They really seemed to be hitting it off after she joined him and Seth. But, like pretty much everything in Twilight, its 100% out of thier control and he ends up with someone because of some unexplainable supernatural force.

I think I'm going to go find hot pics of Depp, Pitt, and Jackman.
Topless Very Happy
MistressWolf
MistressWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  xH2O Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:27 pm

I think I'm going to go see 2012 tomorrow with my friends. .___.;; I had people say they hated it and it was a waste of money, or it was soooo good they're going to watch it again. I hate it when this happens. Lol.
xH2O
xH2O

Back to top Go down

Post  Xooligan Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:04 am

I've watched the 2012 trailer like 3,567,823 times. It's redonculous.
I want to see it so bad D:
Xooligan
Xooligan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum